ITS Tech Tip: Use 'Canned Responses' for Repetitive Emails
- Log in to mail.slu.edu
- In your Mail Settings, choose Labs
- Enable Canned Responses
- Click "Save"
- Click "Compose mail"
- Type (or paste) the text of your standard email
- Click "Canned Responses," which should appear just below the email Subject field
- Select "New canned response" from the drop-down menu
- Type a brief name for your canned response
- Click "OK" to save the response
Repeat steps 5-10 to save multiple canned responses. Now, anytime you need to send one of your saved messages, you simply open a new email, click Canned Responses, and select the message's name - Google instantly pastes your canned response into the body of the email!