Google Mail's new Canned Responses feature allows you to save emails that you send over and over in your email account for reuse. Many occasions call for faculty and staff to send standard emails on a repetitive basis. In the past, most individuals saved these standard replies, announcements or instructions in a Word or Google document and then cut-and-pasted the content into outgoing emails as needed. Canned responses provides a much quicker and easier way of completing this task!
- Log in to mail.slu.edu
- In your Mail Settings, choose Labs
- Enable Canned Responses
- Click "Save"
- Click "Compose mail"
- Type (or paste) the text of your standard email
- Click "Canned Responses," which should appear just below the email Subject field
- Select "New canned response" from the drop-down menu
- Type a brief name for your canned response
- Click "OK" to save the response
Repeat steps 5-10 to save multiple canned responses. Now, anytime you need to send one of your saved messages, you simply open a new email, click Canned Responses, and select the message's name - Google instantly pastes your canned response into the body of the email!