Calendar Item Template Download
Download the calendar item news release template by clicking this link.
Items not open to the general public should not be submitted.
How to Use the Template:
- Download the document to your computer.
- Open the template on your computer; it is a Microsoft Word document.
- Type in your information. The headline font is 18-point Arial, and the release text font is 12-point Times New Roman.
- Include a brief description of the event in the first paragraph.
- You must include time, date and full location of the event, in that order.
- List the cost if there is one.
- List a phone number for people to call for more information.
- Save the document.
- E-mail the document as an attachment to email@example.com. Your release will be distributed to local media that accept calendar items.
If you would like to see an example of a completed calendar item sent to the media, click here.
Click here for writing tips.
If you need assistance with writing a calendar item or have other news to report, call University media relations at 314-977-2537 or Medical Center media relations, call 314-977-8014.