LL.M. in Health Law
The Center for Health Law Studies established its LL.M. in Health Law more than 20 years ago. For ten consecutive years the Center has been ranked as the nation’s premiere health law program. Students in the LL.M. Program have access to our top-tier faculty; leading scholars, practitioners, and employers; and access to our network of more than 1,150 health law alumni across the country.
This LL.M. in Health Law is an advanced degree designed to serve two types of lawyers: those seeking an in-depth introduction to the practice of health law and those who are currently practicing and wish to increase their exposure to new developments in health law. This highly selective program allows each student individual attention and close faculty supervision. LLM students are encouraged to complete scholarly writing, attend the health law colloquia and participate in directed research projects. Students may choose from a range of foundational and specialized health law and policy courses and learn from faculty with more than 177 years of collective health law teaching experience. LL.M. students are also offered externship opportunities including the Health Law Semester in Washington, D.C.
Requirements for the LL.M. in Health Law include:
- 24 credits of law courses
- master’s thesis of publishable quality
- up to six credits of directed research
- up to six credits in academic disciplines outside the law school
Our LL.M. graduates work across the country where the Center’s reputation is highly regarded. The LL.M. in Health Law prepares attorneys to work in the nation’s leading law firms specializing in health law; large health care systems; federal and state agencies; academic medical centers; and, provider trade associations. Selected employers of our Health Law LL.M. Alumni include:
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., New York, N.Y.
- Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services, Baltimore, MD
- Baylor Health Care Systems, Dallas, TX
- Polsinelli P.C., Dallas, TX
- Quarles & Brady LLP, Phoenix, AZ
- Express Scripts, Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Genesis Health Systems, Davenport, IA
- Arent Fox LLP, Washington D.C.
- Oshner Health Systems, New Orleans, LA
Applications to the Health Law LL.M. program are accepted on a rolling basis. Merit based scholarships are awarded based on outstanding academic credentials and exceptional career achievements. Please contact Assistant Director of the Center for Health Law Studies, Amy Sanders, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.977.8176 for more information about the LL.M. in Health Law.