About SLU Global Programs
Saint Louis University students may choose from over 40 SLU approved study abroad programs, in over 25 countries, including our very own SLU Madrid campus.
During the 2013-2014 Academic Year over 500 students spent a full semester or academic year studying abroad in over 20 different countries.In addition to the semester study abroad programs, there are a variety of short term and summer international programs available for all students. During the 2013-2014 academic year, over 900 undergraduate, graduate, Medical School and Law School students participated in some sort of international program through Saint Louis University, including academic semester study abroad programs, short term study abroad programs, community service projects, etc.
Saint Louis University continues to add programs and diversify destinations for students interested in short-term, semester, and full year study abroad experiences.
Don't worry about financing your studies!
- All of your academic tuition scholarships (except athletic scholarships) and financial aid travel with you on SLU-approved semester and year study abroad programs!
- All of your study abroad expenses will be billed directly by SLU.
- Please note that FACHEX, Tuition Exchange and tuition Remission only apply to the Saint Louis University Madrid Campus.
- Work with your Academic Advisor and Mentor(s), as early as possible, to include studying abroad into your academic plan. Consult with your academic advisor and mentor(s) to determine the best semester for studying abroad and the best courses to save for your semester abroad.
- Students study abroad during Sophomore or Junior year and apply one semester before the semester in which they wish to go abroad. (Transfer students must spend at least one semester at the Saint Louis University Campus before applying to study abroad.)
- Grades from SLU-approved study abroad programs do apply to your SLU transcript and SLU GPA (an "A" in London is an "A" at SLU). Grades from a SLU-Exchange program, however, do not transfer back to SLU transcripts.
Choose a Program!
Explore all your program options to assure you choose the program that best fits your needs! The Choose the Right Program Tool will help you compare and contrast key components of different programs.
The study abroad office hosts information sessions throughout the fall and spring semesters and the staff is always available for one-on-one advising to discuss program details.
Why Study Abroad?
Hear from the experts... our returned study abroad students!
Spring Semester: October 1
Fall Semester: March 1
Summer Session: March 1
If you are not able to complete your application by the recommended deadline, please contact the study abroad team for additional information, email@example.com or 314-977-2318.
*Please note that some programs may have earlier deadlines due to visa application requirements.