1.314 Committee on Faculty Affairs
|CHAPTER||Committees--School of Medicine||DATE ISSUED
|SUBJECT||Committee on Faculty Affairs|
The School of Medicine shall establish a committee on committees known as the Committee on Faculty Affairs.
To make recommendations to the Dean concerning appointments to standing committees and identification of faculty candidates for awards and honors. The purpose of the Committee on Faculty Affairs is also to review the School of Medicine By-laws.
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs submits to the Dean names of individuals to serve on committees of the School of Medicine or other University committees, and serves as a nominating committee for those committees requiring General Faculty elections, such as the Executive Committee of the Faculty, Committee on Faculty Affairs, the Faculty Senate and Secretary of the Faculty.
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs recommends to the Dean the formation of additional standing committees as deemed appropriate by changes in the conduct or climate of medical education, biomedical research and clinical practice and submits the name, function, composition and service tenure of members on such new committees.
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs serves as a resource for information concerning fellowships and awards, is active in the identification of candidates for awards and honors and is concerned with fostering the environment of scholarship.
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs formally reviews the Faculty By-laws at least every three years and recommends such changes to the faculty as the Committee deems appropriate.
- There shall be seven members elected by the ranked faculty: two members from the full-time pre-clinical, two from the clinical, and two from the voluntary faculty. The seventh member may be elected from any one of the above groups. Elected members will serve terms of three years and can be re-elected provided that their terms do not exceed six successive years.
- The Chairperson, appointed by the Dean, shall serve three years. The year is defined from July 1 to June 30. The election shall be held prior to the General Faculty Meeting in June so that the results may be announced at that time. The term of an elected member shall begin on July 1 following the June election.
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs shall act as a nominating committee in selecting candidates for committee appointments. Ballots listing nominees for committee appointments shall be circulated to the faculty prior to the General Faculty Meeting in June.
- If an elected member of a committee cannot fulfill the term of office, a temporary appointment will be made by the Dean upon recommendation by the Faculty Secretary in accord with the procedure stated in Article III, Section B of the Constitution of Saint Louis University School of Medicine. If an appointed committee member cannot fulfill the term of appointment, a temporary appointment will be made by the Dean, upon the recommendation of the Committee on Faculty Affairs. The individual appointed shall represent the appropriate faculty group and complete the unexpired term. Elections must then be held at the end of the completion of the unexpired terms.
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs shall meet at least six times per year. Other meetings may be called at the request of the Chairperson, any two members of the Committee, or by the Dean. The Chairperson of the Committee shall preside over the meetings, maintain minutes, and shall report to the Executive Committee of the Faculty, the general faculty and the Dean on a regular basis.
Constitution and By-laws of the School of Medicine
- Review Date
Reviewed annually and revised when necessary and appropriate.
Approved: Philip O. Alderson, M.D., Dean, School of Medicine
Faculty Affairs Committee Membership List (2012-2013)
|Laurie E. Byrne, M.D.
|Miggie Greenberg, M.D.||Neurology & Psychiatry||07/12-06/15|
|Necat Havlioglu, M.D.||Pathology||07/12-06/15|
|Eddy C. Hsueh, M.D.||Surgery||07/10-06/13|
|Jacki Kornbluth, Ph.D.||Pathology||07/11-06/14|
|Miguel Paniagua, M.D.||Internal Medicine||07/11-06/14|
|Gillian Stephens, M.D.||Family and Community Medicine||07/12-06/15|
|April Tritto, M.D.||Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health||07/12-06/15|
|Mark Voigt, M.D.||Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science||07/12-06/13|
|*each indicates reappointment for additional term|