1.320 Research Planning Committee
|CHAPTER||Committees--School of Medicine||DATE ISSUED
|SUBJECT||Research Planning Committee|
The School of Medicine shall establish a Research Planning Committee to guide the development of the School's research programs.
To provide general oversight and advice on a broad range of issues related to the development and support of research in the School of Medicine including:
- Review, formulation and recommendation of policies pertaining to research in the School of Medicine.
- Review of major equipment requisitions equal to or exceeding $15,000, unless the purchase has been peer reviewed by an outside sponsor and is funded 100% by the outside sponsor.
- Participation in the School's strategic planning process in the specific areas of research and graduate education (Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. programs).
- Other tasks as assigned by the Dean.
- Members of the Research Planning Committee shall be appointed by the Dean and serve three year terms. The Dean shall also appoint the Chairperson who serves for a three-year term. Ex officio members without vote will include the Associate Dean for Research, Associate Dean for Planning and Operations and the Director of Finance for the Health Sciences Center. The Office of Planning and Operations shall provide administrative support.
- The Research Planning Committee shall meet monthly from September through May and at any other time deemed appropriate by the Chairperson. Minutes of the meetings shall be maintained and forwarded to the Dean.
- Review Date
Reviewed annually and revised when necessary and appropriate.
Approved: Philip O. Alderson, M.D., Dean, School of Medicine
Research Planning Committee Membership List (2011-2012)
|Enrico Di Cera, M.D.
|Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
|Robert B. Belshe, M.D.||Internal Medicine||07/09-06/12**|
|Thomas Burroughs, Ph.D.||Internal Medicine||07/09-06/12*|
|Dale Dorsett, Ph.D.||Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||07/11-06/14|
|Joyce Koenig, M.D.||Pediatrics||07/09-06/12|
|John Long, D.V.M.||Comparative Medicine||12/08-06/14*|
|Jane McHowat, Ph.D.||Pathology||07/09-06/12**|
|Robert Nicholson, Ph.D.||Neurology and Psychiatry||07/09-06/12|
|Michael Rauchman, M.D.||Internal Medicine||07/11-06/12|
|Daniela Salvemini, Ph.D.||Pharmacological and Physiological Science||07/09-06/12|
|John Tavis, Ph.D.||Molecular Microbiology and Immunology||07/09-06/12|
|*each indicates reappointment for additional term|
Raymond Tait, Ph.D.
Vice President, Research
Joel Eissenberg, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research
Paul Hauptman, M.D.
Assistant Dean, Clinical and Translational Research
William S.M. Wold, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
Michael J. Meyer
Associate Dean, Finance and Administration
Senior Planning Coordinator