1.322 Curriculum Oversight Committee
|CHAPTER||Committees--School of Medicine||DATE ISSUED
|SUBJECT||Curriculum Oversight Committee|
The School of Medicine shall have a standing Curriculum Oversight Committee charged with overseeing activities of the Curriculum Management Committee.
To oversee the curriculum for the M.D. degree program from an institutional perspective by approving general policy guiding the activities of the Curriculum Management Committee.
- Membership shall consist of five faculty members appointed by the Dean, with the recommendations of the Committee on Faculty Affairs.
- The committee shall approve general policy guiding the activities of the Curriculum Management Committee.
- The Dean shall appoint faculty members for a 3-year term. Members may be reappointed one or more times at the discretion of the Dean. All members, including ex-officio, shall be voting members. Initially, the Dean shall assign reduced terms to some members to avoid simultaneous expiration of membership terms.
- The committee shall be chaired by the Dean.
- The committee shall meet at least five times during each academic year.
Constitution and By-laws of the School of Medicine
- Review Date
Reviewed annually and revised when necessary and appropriate.
Approved: Philip O. Alderson, M.D., Dean, School of Medicine
Curriculum Oversight Committee Membership List (2013-2014)
Philip O. Alderson, M.D., Committee Chairperson
|David Ford, Ph.D.||Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||07/11-06/14|
|Mark Knuepfer, Ph.D.||Pharmacological and Physiological Science||07/09-06/15*|
|Heather MacArthur, Ph.D.||Pharmacological and Physiological Science||07/12-06/15|
|Mary McLennan, M.D.||Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health||07/08-06/14*|
|Mark Varvares, M.D.||Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery||07/11-06/14|
|Carole Vogler, M.D.||Pathology||07/11-06/14|
*indicates reappointment for additional term(s)
Stuart Slavin, M.D.
Associate Dean, Curricular Affairs
Chairperson, Curriculum Management Committee