Aviation | Master of Science
|Contact Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
|Dir. of Graduate Programs: Phil Ligrani, Ph.D
Main Phone: (314) 977-8306
All M.S. programs at Parks College will satisfy the general requirements and review procedures. The minimum requirements for all degrees are 30 credits of courses, including 0-9 credits for Thesis or Project. In Engineering and Aviation, students may prefer a lesser focus on research, and that approach is consistent with the movement toward making the Master of Science degree a minimum expectation for entry into most industries.
Please review the following sections for more details on how to apply to the Master of Aviation program. For more information on the benefits of being a student in the program, please see the Student Benefits section of our website.
[NEW:] The Personal Potential Index (PPI) will be required to complete your application for admission. Visit SLU's page about the PPI evaluations and requirements or go to The ETS page to learn more about the PPI.
|Beginning Term||Application Deadline||Application Deadline (International)||Apply Online|
|Summer||No admission||No admission|
Required Application Materials
- Application (online preferred)
- Non-refundable application fee of $55
- Official GRE scores
- Official undergraduate or graduate transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Professional goals statement
- Evidence of English language proficiency (when native language is not English)
- Three (3) Personal Potential Index evaluations
- A completed Declaration of Financial Support packet with all accompanying documents
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- Check our English Proficiency Policy page for specific TOEFL and IELTS score requirements. You may also visit our international prospects, applicants and students page for more information about international application requirements.
Admission to the program will include consideration of the following:
- GRE quantitative score greater than 650* (old grading system) or greater than 150* (new grading system)
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Minimum scores for TOEFL PBT 550, TOEFL IBT 80, IELTS 6.5, when the student's native language is not English
*GRE score requirements may be waived for those students who have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or who have three or more years of relevant industry experience.
Each new graduate student writes a Program of Study that must be approved by the faculty advisor and the Graduate Programs Director. That document will be prepared and reviewed in the context of the student's background and the student's career goals. In that flexible approach, each student will determine, with faculty advice and approval, a unique set of courses and a specific plan for the thesis or project. | Degree Plan
Parks College provides a stimulating environment for graduate study in both engineering and aviation. The program is designed to be flexible to accommodate the varying interests of students. Some courses are taught by working professionals from area industries and organizations. Some courses may be offered in the evenings to facilitate working engineers to enroll in the program. Class room lectures are supplemented by guest lectures, laboratory demonstrations and field trips as appropriate. Students are encouraged to publish their thesis work/independent study work in appropriate professional conferences and journal publication. | Parks Industry | SLU Career Services
Before action can be taken on this assistantship application, the applicant must be regularly admitted to a graduate degree program.
In order to receive full consideration, all Parks Graduate Program Assistantship applications must be received by January 31 for consideration for the following Fall Semester.
Several global challenges have emerged as opportunities for the engineering and aviation students of Saint Louis University to make a difference, to apply their education in a context that is technically brilliant, socially responsible, and uniquely enterprising, and to ultimately make our world a better, more inclusive place. | Parks Graduate Profile
The low student-to-faculty ratio allows our world-class faculty to inspire our students, feed their curiosity, awaken their minds and to instill in them the joy of lifelong learning. | Parks Faculty