The Department of Public Safety and Security Services has released the names of Saint Louis University's new building emergency coordinators (BEC). The position is part of the University's latest efforts to enhance the safety and security of the SLU campus..
In April, University President Lawrence Biondi, S.J., and executive staff approved the role of BEC to serve as a primary point of contact for emergency operations, planning, exercises and drills for their respective building. This move toward consistent response and uniform procedures was made in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Campus Safety Act
The duties of the building emergency coordinators are:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the building during an emergency
- Developing individual building plans
- Distributing key information to building occupants
- Coordinating with DPSSS emergency preparedness for training, drills and exercises
- Providing assistance with sheltering in place situations
- Maintaining building occupant rosters
- Identifying others in the building willing and able to assist during an emergency
- Gathering necessary and essential information for incoming first responders
- Providing building specific critical information
A complete list of building emergency coordinators is available for download. For more information about campus preparedness, contact Connie Tillman at email@example.com or at 314-977-3048.