Keeping Waste out of Landfills: Recycling & Reuse
- SLU competes in Recyclemania every February and March, hosts an annual E-Waste Drive every spring semester, and recently received 1,548 recycling bins as a gift from the Alcoa Foundation to increase recycling efforts on SLU's campus!
- SLU's Grounds Department composts yard waste to reuse as fertilizer and soil.
- The Fresh Gatherings Cafe at Doisy College composts restaurant waste.
- SLU partners with Better World Books to donate and recycle unwanted texts.
- Distribution Services offers a furniture exchange program for offices on campus and connects with St. Louis Green's "Furniture to Food" program for donating surplus furniture.
- Battle for the Boot is an annual shoe-drive that donates gently used shoes to the Shoeman Water Project.
- When students move-out, they can donate any unwanted items through SLU's Trash to Treasure program.
- SLU Opthalmology partners with ReSpectacle to collect prescription eyeglasses for donation.