Electronics Recycling Drive
March 17, 2012
Event Details:7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., March 30, Fred Weber lot (next to Chaifetz Arena)
Facilities Services and Billiken Athletics have teamed up with Midwest Recycling to offer a free electronics/appliance recycling drive for the University community from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, March 30, at the Fred Weber lot located next to Chaifetz Arena.
Recycled items can be brought from home or the office. Recyclers need only drive up to the truck; staff will take care of all unloading. Can't make it that day? Email Keith McCune at firstname.lastname@example.org for an early drop-off.
Much more than aluminum and paper can be recycled, so bring items from home or work. The drive will accept all electronics, functional or broken, including televisions, computer monitors, and other big electronic items or appliances.
Here are examples of what is accepted:
- Computer: Monitors, servers, desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, Macs, tablets, keyboards, mice, speakers, modems, routers, cables, software and all other components and accessories.
- Video and Photography: Televisions, Blu-Ray players and discs, HD-DVD players and discs, DVD players and discs, Laserdisc players and discs, VHS players, Betamax players, DVRs, cable and satellite receivers, and digital and film cameras
- Audio: Receivers, amplifiers, speakers, MP3 players, CD and cassette players, 8-track players, boomboxes, microphones, mixers and rack equipment.
- Office: Printers, copiers, projectors, scanners, faxes, ink and toner cartridges, shredders and paper joggers.
- Gaming: Consoles, hand-held systems, games, controllers, headsets and all accessories.
- Phone: All phones and accessories
All appliances, large and small (blenders to refrigerators) can be recycled. Facilities Services are certified for Freon removal. Feel welcome to bring:
- water heaters