- Apply Now
Starting and Completing your SLU Graduate Admission Application
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already completed an undergraduate application for the same term, please contact Graduate Admission at 314.977.2500 in order to submit a graduate application.
With the exception of official transcripts and the Declaration and Certification of Finances form (interntional applicants only), the admission application and all other supporting documents must be submitted electronically.
Applying online lets you create a Login ID and PIN to access the system anytime and view the progress and status of your application. *Please note that you cannot make changes to submitted and processed applications. You can identify the status of your application using your login.
Applicants applying for admission to a dual-degree program are required to apply for admission to both programs. All other applicants are to limit their applications to just one degree program for admission consideration.
Applicants to the Orthodontics program in the Center for Advanced Dental Education (CADE) will need to upload a Word document or a PDF with their name and match number.
For International Applicants, Saint Louis University has partnered with International Skill Verification Services (ISVS) to interview applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. Your participation in the ISVS International Study Candidate Assessment Process (ISCAP) will enable us to provide greater consistency in evaluations and deliver faster and more efficient response times for admissions and scholarship decisions. SLU, therefore, strongly suggests that all applicants from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam register and complete the ISCAP. The ISCAP interview and writing assignment is conducted online. You many participate in the ISCAP using a recent laptop computer from any private place with a strong Internet connection.
The ISCAP is a guided interview-based process that requires no specific preparation. It is designed to give universities a better sense of your spoken English and ad hoc English writing skills, as well as give you the opportunity to powerfully share who you are with us. Please visit the ISVS website for more information and to schedule your interview.
Your supporting documents for your online application or the completed unclassified application should be mailed to:
Saint Louis University
One North Grand Blvd., Room 150
St. Louis, MO 63103
Log In or Create a Login ID and PIN
Select Application Type and Term
Complete the Application Checklist
Upload your Supporting Documents
Have Your Recommenders Send Letters
Submit Items Requiring Postal Delivery
1. Log In to the Application System OR Create a Login ID and PIN for your application
- Enter your Login ID and PIN.
- The Applications in Progress are admission applications for Graduate Education that you have started, but not completed. Processed applications are applications that you have completed. Please see the Understanding the Application Summary Page for more information about this screen.
- Click the link for the application you would like to complete or review.
- Click the link titled "First Time User Account Creation" that is located directly under the Login button.
- Create a Login ID and PIN
- Login ID - can be up to nine alphanumeric characters
- PIN - must be six numbers
- Once you have created your Login ID/PIN and verified your PIN, you can begin completing your admission application.
Click on the arrow for the drop-down menu. There are multiple application types listed. If your intended program is one of those applied to through Graduate Education Admission, please select "Graduate Admission" and then begin completing the application.
While filling out the checklist there are buttons on the bottom of the screen:
- Checklist - If you would like to save your changes and return to the main checklist screen
- Continue - If you would like to save the current section and continue on to the next section
- Finish Later - if you would like to return to the application menu and complete your application at a later time
- Return to Checklist Without Saving Changes - If you would like to return to the checklist without saving your information
Once you have completed the basic checklist components, upload any required supporting documents to your application and identify your recommenders.
4. Upload Your Supporting Documents (Excludes Transcripts, Test Scores, Recommendation Letters and Declaration and Certification of Finances)
The required documents that can be uploaded by the applicant will be listed. You must have a "Planned Course of Study" identified in order to upload documents.
To review a list of required documents for your program of interest, please visit our Degree & Certificate Programs webpage. On the right side of the page is a listing of our degree offerings. Select the program you are applying to for a list of the required number of recommendation letters.
To upload a file select the application checklist item titled Upload Documents. Select the document you would like to upload by clicking the link for that item. A window will pop up that will identify the document you are uploading. Click the browse button and navigate to the document on your computer. Click the upload button. To return to the application screen and upload additional documents, click the close window button.
NOTE: Document file name length, including the file extension, cannot exceed 50 characters.
Official transcripts from the institution(s) you attended as well as official test scores (if required) cannot be submitted electronically.
*Certified English translations must be mailed directly to our office from the certification agency. GRE, TOEFL and IELTS scores are sent electronically to SLU twice a week. All other test scores should be mailed directly to our office from the testing agency.
Please have your recommenders send letters as an email attachment to: email@example.com. Word and PDF documents are the most compatible document types. The subject line of the e-mail containing the letter should read, "Letter of Recommendation for (student's name)" and the letter should be included as an attachment
Please visit our Degree & Certificate Programs webpage and select the program you are applying to for a list of the required documents.
You will need to give your authorization for SLU to contact your recommenders by checking the box.
Once your application is complete and you have selected the 'Application is Complete' button, your recommenders will receive an email from SLU informing them that you have requested a letter of recommendation and ask that they upload their letter. Once the recommendation has been submitted, you will receive an email notification. Your application summary screen will also reflect that the recommendation has been received.
6. Submit Your Application and Items Requiring Postal Delivery
Once you have completed all portions of the online application, the application checklist will have a red checkmark next to all of the required items. You must select the 'Application is Complete' button to submit your application.
Items that must be mailed or sent electronically to Saint Louis University:
- Official Transcripts (must be mailed from the institution)
- GRE Scores
- Three (3) Personal Potential Index (PPI) evaluations (required or recommended for some Graduate Degree Programs). Click here to see if your desired program requires or recommends PPI evaluations).
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students Only)
- Declaration of Financial Support (International Students Only)
All of these items must be sent to:
Saint Louis University
One North Grand Blvd., Room 150
St. Louis, MO 63103