Freshman Residential Information
Fall Welcome begins with move-in! Housing and Residence Life will send housing assignments to new students in July, so continue to check your SLU email. Most freshmen will be placed in one of these five residence halls: Fusz Hall, Griesedieck Complex (Clemens, Griesedieck, and Walsh Halls), Marguerite Hall, Pruellage Hall, and Reinert Hall. New student move-in will be on Wednesday, August 20th and Thursday, August 21st, 2014. Your hall and floor assignment will determine which day to move into your room. Students are assigned a specific day to arrive on campus to alleviate traffic flow to allow for a more smooth move-in. Assigned move-in dates can be viewed here.
No matter where you are placed, Oriflamme will be there to help you move-in! Once you arrive, Oriflamme Leaders will help unload your vehicle and carry items to your new room. Just look for the students in the orange t-shirts!
In preparation for your arrival on August, read more about the move-in process for your assigned residence hall and consider the move-in tips below. For additional information or with any move-in questions, please contact Housing and Residence Life by phone at 314.977.2811 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the move-in process for your residence hall and locate your check-in location prior to your arrival.
- Arrive to SLU on your assigned date.
- Dress comfortably with close-toed shoes.
- Pack your items in boxes or larger containers to reduce the number of trips necessary to your new room.
- Pack your items in boxes able to be carried by one person.
- Label all of your boxes, plastic tubs, and large items with your name, hall, and room number.
- Bring the appropriate tools for any of your items that require assembly.
- Plan for all types of weather.
- Be patient.
- Stay hydrated.
- Utilize Oriflamme Leaders! They are here to help!