Study Abroad in Galway, Ireland
Galway, which has an affluent, artsy population of 65,000, is one of the most prosperous cities in Ireland. Because of its dynamic and pioneering role in theater, arts and culture, Galway has earned the title "Cultural Capital of Ireland." Galway is a city that feels both lived-in and diverse. The city itself is a continuing center of growth with its university, Institute of Technology, theatres, cathedral, castle and industries as well as many other interesting attractions.
Galway Study Center
The National University of Ireland, Galway was founded in 1845 and is one of Ireland's foremost centers of academic excellence. With more than 15,000 students, it has a long-established reputation of teaching and research excellence in each of its seven faculties -- arts, science, business, engineering, Celtic studies, medicine and health sciences, and law. Students will take courses that will complement their SLU degree requirements while living in Ireland studying on the banks of the River Corrib.
The list of courses can be found here. Typically the Fall course list will be provided by NUI Galway in late July. Students will register for courses upon arrival in Galway.
(Note: 5 ECTS Credits from NUI Galway = 3 Credit Hours at SLU)
For more detailed information regarding costs of program, inclusions, scholarships and financial aid information, please refer to the the Study Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarship Information link.
Note: If you take two (2) or more classes in the area of science, engineering or nursing, there will be an extra fee (approximately $2000). Please notify the Study Abroad Office of your intent.
- 3.0 GPA
- 2nd Semester Soph & Junior
- Not be on academic or disciplinary probation
- Advisor Form
- Conduct Form
- Official transcripts in a SEALED ENVELOPE from all colleges/universities attended
- Copy of your valid, signed passport
- One letter of recommendation from faculty
- The names and contact information of two faculty members
- A statement as to how you see your proposed courses of study in this university tying in with previous studies and with your future academic objectives