Saint Louis University Urban Planning AssociationFormed in 2007, SLUUPA is an organization for all Saint Louis University students interested in urban planning and urban affairs. SLUUPA main goals include:
- Promoting and sponsoring educational events to further members' knowledge of urban planning and urban issues
- Promoting and sponsoring social events to encourage unity and cohesiveness within the student body
- Encouraging attendance at professional conferences and workshops
- Acting as a forum for exchange of ideas and information
- Helping raise awareness of urban issues in the St. Louis metropolitan area
- Providing opportunities for community service
Join or renew your membership with SLUUPA
Dues: $10 per academic year
- Networking opportunities
- Building your knowledge and awareness about urban issues
- Contribute to positive growth and changes in the urban environment
As a SLUUPA member, you will be entitled to:
- SLUUPA Email newsletters
- Timely notices of regional issues and events
- Discounts on event, luncheons, and workshops coordinated by SLUUPA
- The opportunity to participate in SLUUPA decision making
SLUUPA CommitteePresident: Ashley L. Johnson
SLU Status: 2nd year graduate student in the UPRED program with a specialization in community development
Vice President: Natasha Das
SLU Status: 2nd year graduate student in the UPRED program
Secretary: TBA (Position is available)
Treasurer: TBA (Position is available)
Graduate School Association (GSA) Representative: Natasha Das
Diversity Leadership Cabinet Student Government Association (DLC SGA) Representative: Jake Narup
The SLUUPA committee will meet every first and third Thursday of every month. Specific times may vary to accommodate all committee members.
GSA Welcome Back Happy Hour: Field House Pub and Grill, 4:30-7:30 on Thursday, September 6. Includes drink specials and free appetizers.
Kickball Tournament: Sunday, September 30, 11am-6pm at Tower Grove Park. Registration is $6 and registration ends September 21. Please email Natasha Das for more information: email@example.com.
MissRepresentation Film Screening: GSA is bringing the documentary MissRepresentation to SLU November 8th at 6;15pm, Kelley Auditorium.
2013 APA National Planning Association Conference, April 13-17 2013, Chicago.