2013 Medical Benefits
- 2013 Medical Overview
- NOT ME - Diabetes Prevention and Control Alliance
- SLU NOT ME Diabetes Control Program
- 2013 Drug Listing for Diabetes Health Plan
- Medical Plan Payroll Deductions
- High Deductible Health Plan Summary Plan Description
- Plus Plan Summary Plan Description
- Nurseline Services
- Preventative Care
- United Health Allies Health Discount Program
- LabCorp Locations
- 2013 Preventive Care Drug List - Alpha Order
- 2013 Preventive Care Drug List - by Therapy Class
- UHC Enrollment Form
- Dependent Verification
United Healthcare (UHC) is the exclusive third-party administrator of medical plan benefits for Saint Louis University employees.
Vitality Wellness Plan - Saint Louis University is partnering with The Vitality Group to offer its medical plan participants the opportunity to preserve or improve their health by evaluating their lifestyle choices. This program offers many incentives such as improved health/wellness, rewards and a reduction in your medical premium! Find out more at the Vitality Wellness Plan link
Participation in a United Healthcare benefit will reduce your taxable income. Since this is a pre-tax benefit, your income is reduced by the above medical premiums prior to social security (FICA), Federal, State, and City taxes being assessed.
|PAYROLL DEDUCTION CATEGORIES|
|Employee||no benefit for dependents|
|Employee + spouse||includes the employee and legal spouse|
|Employee + child(ren)||includes the employee and eligible dependent child(ren)|
|Family||includes the employee, spouse and eligible dependent child(ren)|
Contact UHC: Phone 866-633-2474 or website at https://www.myuhc.com. (You will need to register on the website using your member ID or Social Security Number to create a log-in.)
Medical Plan: Tier 1 SLUCare Clarification
As you know, the Saint Louis University employee medical plan is a three tier network. The first in-network tier is for services received by SLUCare physicians, the second in-network tier is for services received by UnitedHealthcare (UHC) contracted physicians, hospitals and ancillary services, and the third tier is for services received at non-UHC contracted physicians, hospitals and ancillary services and therefore out-of-network.
To further clarify, tier 1 is for services received from SLUCare physicians only. Because Saint Louis University Hospital is not owned by the University, but rather Tenet HealthSystems, the tier 1 level of benefits do not apply to hospital services received at Saint Louis University Hospital. As a result, physician care received by a SLUCare physician is the only benefit available under the tier 1 level of benefits. Hospital services received at Saint Louis University Hospital will be processed under tier 2, as a UnitedHealthcare contracted hospital.
Find a Physician
UHC In-Network Providers - Visit the United HealthCare website at www.myuhc.com to complete a UHC Nation-wide Network Physician search. You will find a "Find a Physician or Facility" link under "Links and Tools" in the upper right-hand column. On page one, Select a Search Type, choose the radio button next to "Search for a Physician" and press continue. On the second page, under Section 2, Select a Plan, use the drop-down box to choose "United Healthcare Choice Plus." Then, continue your search choice by location or name. Choose UHC Choice Plus under Product Selection.
SLUCare Physicians can be found by visiting their website at www.slu.edu/slucare.xml.
SLU Medical Home - The Benefit Office partners with the SLUCare Department of Family and Community Medicine for a new wellness program exclusive for our employees and their dependents called SLU Medical Home. The program is ideal for those who recognize the value of protecting their health and welcome the support of the health professionals best equipped to help. It is an excellent option for those who don't have a primary care physician, want to change doctors, or have chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension or weight problems. Contact SLU Medical Home for more information:
* Phone: 314-977-3500
* e-mail: email@example.com
* SLU Medical Home
SSM Pediatricians - Saint Louis University has partnered with the SSM Physician Network in order to provide employees and their families with additional choices in pediatric health care providers. Find an SSM Pediatrician.
Under the UHC plans, LabCorp is the lab of choice for UHC members. To get the best benefit from the plans, members may utilize a LabCorp facility or any in-network hospital lab facility to have blood work drawn.
Mental Health Resources
The Live and Work Well link at www.liveandworkwell.com is available for searching for UHC mental health or substance abuse providers.
Important facts about your medical plan:
- As a new employee, your benefits are effective the first day of the month following employment. You have 31 days from your benefits effective date to enroll yourself and any eligible family members in a medical plan. Example: Date of Hire - 2/15/13; Benefits Effective Date - 3/1/13; Enrollment Forms and all required supporting documentation must be turned in to the Benefits Office no later than - 3/31/13.
- In order to process your medical enrollment form, please provide the following documents within 31 days of your Benefits effective date or Qualifying Event Date. For your convenience, you may scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax at 314-977-1785.
Spouse Coverage: Please provide two of the three following documents:
- Copy of your marriage certificate;
- Copy of the front page of your 2010 or 2011 tax return. You may strike any financial information; or
- Copy of a household bill within the past 60 days which shows both of your names.
- Copy of birth certificate or for newborns, a copy of the live birth record from the hospital.
- Your medical plan is effective the first day of the month following employment.
- You must submit a Health Insurance Coverage Waiver if you do not wish to have medical insurance coverage with the University.
- Once enrolled, you cannot change medical plans until Open Enrollment. Medical Open Enrollment will take place in November of each year and changes are effective on January 1.
- If adding your spouse, he/she must complete the requirements of the Vitality program, within 31 days of their effective date, in order for the employee to continue to receive the medical premium discount. If the employee is currently receiving the medical premium discount and the newly added spouse does not fulfill the Vitality program requirements within 31 days of their effective date, the medical premium discount will be removed from the employee. To view the Vitality program requirements, please click here.
- After your initial 31-day enrollment period, the only time to enroll yourself or add a dependent to your plan is at Open Enrollment, or upon a qualifying event, including birth, adoption, marriage, or loss of coverage under a different plan. These changes must be made within 31 days of the qualifying event.
- Eligible dependents are:
- your spouse, unless legally separated or divorced
- natural, step or adopted children up to their 26th birthday regardless of student or marital status.
If you have any questions regarding your health insurance benefits, please contact the benefits office at email@example.com or 314-977-2360.