The Food Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FIE) curricular concentration at Saint Louis University provides students with a strong knowledge in nutrition, culinary arts, and entrepreneurship. For those interested in nutrition sciences, sustainability, food preparation, foodservice management, and leadership opportunities, Saint Louis University prepares FIE students for innovative opportunities in the food industry.
FIE has registered dietitian (RD) and non-registered dietitian tracks for students. Click here to view curriculum.
FIE facilities include:
- Fresh Gatherings Cafe, a cafe run by the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, allows students to gain experience that will be applicable to their professional lives. At Fresh Gatherings, our undergraduate students learn how to prepare healthy and attractive food while our interns learn personnel and financial management skills.
- Salus Center Kitchen allows our students to be exposed to the size and quality of kitchen that they will find in their professional lives. The Salus kitchen allows students to be exposed to a broader range of large scale production equipment while being in a busy kitchen.
- The Food Lab is a modern culinary lab for teaching food services and preparation.
FIE students are:
- Passionate about nutrition and culinary arts
- Interested in sustainable foodservice
- Seeking leadership opportunities
Click here to read more about the FIE Program.
Click here to read a recent SLU Article about the FIE Program.
Program Director: Steve Jenkins - firstname.lastname@example.org