- Undergraduate Degrees
- Master's Degrees
- Master of Public Health
- Behavioral Science and Health Education
- Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Global Health
- Health Management and Policy
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Practice
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Social Work
- MS in Applied Behavior Analysis
- MS in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
- MS in Criminology and Professional Practice
- MS in Public Health
- PhD in Public Health Studies
- PhD in Social Work
- Certificate Programs
Master of Public Health in Global Health
Sample MPH-GH Curriculum (Minimum 49 credit hours)
MPH Core Curriculum
The minimum total credit-hours required is 49.
Dean Edwin Trevathan, MD, MPH discusses Global Health at SLU
The Master of Public Health in Global Health prepares students for a career in public health with a global health context. At Saint Louis University, we take global health education to the field, allowing students to learn global health while living and working in new and challenging environments.
Students study not only in St. Louis, Missouri, but they also have opportunities to take global public health courses in Africa, Asia and Latin America. This allows for a combination of academic classroom experience, cultural and language immersion and practice experience in the field.
Students are required to spend at least one semester abroad or do their practice experience outside of the United States. Documented working proficiency in both English and in a second language at level II or III of the Interagency Language Roundtable is required to complete the MPH in Global Health Practice. Select students will be required to attend language school to meet the ILR level.
Some of the career paths in global health include:
- Government and international health agencies such as CDC, WHO, PAHO
- International NGOs
- Faith-based public health and global health missions and relief organizations
- Global health practice as a physician, nurse or public health leader
- Global health experts working with multi-national corporations
- Global health experts working in diplomatic organizations and international relations
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
The concentration in global health prefers applicants to have a bachelor's degree in a social science, biomedical science or a closely related field.
All applications are considered on an individual basis with a balanced approach.
Visit our Graduate Admission page for more information on application requirements and deadlines.
Download our MPH in Global Health Fact Sheet
Register today for an upcoming preview day to visit SLU's campus and meet with faculty and current students.
If you'd like more information about SLU's MPH in Global Health, fill out our information request form to contact our office of admission.
Applications are now being accepted for the fall semester, If you're ready to get started, apply now.