STUDIO ART PROGRAM AT SLU TO REOPEN McNAMEE GALLERY IN HISTORIC CUPPLES HOUSE
The Fine and Performing Arts Department at Saint Louis University is pleased to announce that the McNamee Gallery, in the historic Samuel L. Cupples house, will reopen with an exhibit of Studio Art student work. The McNamee Gallery is named for Father Maurice B. McNamee, S.J., 1909-2007, who pioneered the study of Studio Art and Art History at Jesuit universities and who single-handedly preserved and restored the Cupples House.
The McNamee Gallery, accessible directly from West Pine Mall, will be the teaching gallery for Studio Art in the Department of Fine and Performing Arts. SLU offers courses in ceramics, sculpture, graphic design, printmaking, painting, drawing, metalsmithing, fibers, photography and computer art. The McNamee gallery will be used to support the Studio Art curriculum by exhibiting artwork by students and faculty, as well as visiting artists. Students will be involved in the conception, organization, and installation of exhibits, publicity and gallery events.
The SLU community and the general public are warmly invited to celebrate the reopening of the gallery, honor Father McNamee, and enjoy the student artwork on display.
For additional information contact:
Professor Sharron Pollack
Department of Fine and Performing Arts
Saint Louis University