Recycling Stewardship Competition
Need volunteer hours? Seeking bragging rights for your club/organization? Or, are you just plain passionate about promoting sustainability on campus? Then, adopt a spot!
Pick a place on campus and promote recycling in that spot. The better people respond to your marketing, the higher your score. The group with the highest score wins!
Sign-Up to Compete (Sign-up has closed for this season)
Grand Prize: In addition to a team pizza or sub party, each team member will receive perks such as a free class at Simon Rec, Metro passes and Moolah tickets, and a reusable Recyclemania mug.
2nd Prize: Team members will receive Recyclemania gear.
Drawing for Prize Basket: One participant will receive a recycling bin filled with a variety of items including Recyclemania gear, SLU swag, a Metro pass, and snacks.
Team of the Week: Chartwells will recognize a "Team of the Week" at various points throughout the competition. Members of the recognized team will be eligible to visit Gries Cafeteria and purchase breakfast and lunch at a discounted price for one week. ($4 breakfast and $5 lunch)
Basic Participation Requirements:
- Participants must be current SLU students and/or employees.
- Teams cannot exceed 10 members. (If your group membership is higher than 10, consider breaking into two or more adopting groups. Push each other to excel!)
- Competition coordinators must approve teams and adoptions by February 10, 2013.
- Click here for complete expectations and instructions.
- February 10: Deadline to sign-up and select a spot
- Week of March 3: Baseline Judging (team performance so far)
- March 25 and 26: Final Judging will conduct a trash audit and assess all qualities of adoption
- March 27: Winners announced
Contact Kelley Krejnik if you have additional questions.