- Employment & Financial Support
Cathy Golden Scholarship Award
Graduate students in Educational Studies, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Physical Therapy (Doctor of Physical Therapy program) or Social Work (Applied Behavioral Analysis) are eligible to apply for the Cathy Golden Scholarship for 2015-16.
The award was established by Mary Pat Golden (Law '88) in memory of and in honor of her sister, Cathy, who was severely mentally handicapped. The Fund provides a financial stipend each academic year to a promising graduate student at Saint Louis University whose vocation is to work with handicapped children or adults, individuals with autism or the elderly.
This year's scholarship award is for $2500 and six hours of tuition scholarship. Students applying for the award must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment status: Graduate student who expresses a vocation and is training to work with mentally or physically handicapped children or adults, individuals with autism or elderly adults.
- Area of study: Those listed in the first paragraph above.
- Overall GPA: 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or equivalent for an incoming graduate student or 3.25 cumulative GPA or equivalent for a returning graduate student.
- Financial need: Recipient must demonstrate financial need
Selection Process: Applications should be submitted by the faculty advisor signing the cover sheet to the following to the Office of Graduate Education via e-mail to email@example.com by Feb. 27, 2015:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement regarding career plans that relate to the interests of the Golden family as outlined above
- Proof of financial need (Can be from the Office of Financial Aid)
- Form signed by a faculty member verifying GPA
The winner will be selected by a faculty and student committee and all applicants will be notified within one week of the deadline for submissions. If you have any questions, please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Award Application: Cathy Golden Scholarship