Among the top 20 university-associated geriatric programs in the U.S.
Saint Louis University's division of geriatric medicine offers a wide range of programs for the elderly that both serve the community and provide training experiences for geriatricians.
U.S.News and World Report has consistently ranked the division among the top 20 for university-associated geriatric programs, while Saint Louis University Hospital has been listed as one of the top 10 geriatric programs nationwide since 1998.
The division also offers a variety of clinical services using interdisciplinary teams of physicians, nurses and social workers, including:
- An inpatient geriatric consultation service that provides advice and services.
- An internal medicine ward staffed by geriatric medicine faculty staff focused on the care of acutely ill elderly people.
- Outpatient clinics in geriatric assessment, diabetes, sexual dysfunction and incontinence and nutrition, among others.
- A clinic for elderly people with developmental disablities.
- A home visit program which provides both care for the chronically ill and screening for healthy elderly people.
The division also operates a geriatric clinic administered by medical students for inner-city minority populations. The program has been expanded to include a home visit program for very frail shut-ins.
Find more resources through our Aging Sucessfully newsletter.
1402 South Grand Blvd., Room 238
St. Louis, MO 63104
Phone: (314) 977-8462
Fax: (314) 771-8575