As part of the Real-Time Virtual Classroom / Web Conferencing Project, a new tool for online collaboration and video-conferencing was selected. The new product, Fuze Meeting, replaced Wimba Classroom as of January 14, 2013.
What is Fuze Meeting?
Fuze Meeting is an online video-conferencing and real-time collaboration tool that can be accessed via any web browser or supported smartphone/tablet. It provides powerful features to display and share the following with others:
- Your audio, and the audio of your online participants (if enabled)
- Your HD video, and the Rich media content such as HD videos and high-resolution images
- Documents such as PowerPoint presentations and PDF files
- Your computer's entire screen/desktop for demonstrating tools, collaborating with participants on a document or Excel spreadsheet, or whatever your teaching or discussion needs require.
Quick Overview Video: http://youtu.be/ZXwbkrkUvXc
In this short video, see an overview of Fuze Meeting features - including starting a meeting, loading content, and broadcasting HD video from your webcam or supported mobile device.
Fuze Meeting Upgrade on Saturday, February 16, 2013
The Fuze Meeting product will be upgraded during the early morning on Feb. 16 with enhancements and bug fixes. The upgrade will also require updates to the Fuze Meeting Client. The next time you launch the Fuze Client you may be prompted to install an update. Please contact your IT Service Desk if you have any problems with the installation on a SLU computer.
The February 2013 upgrade includes:
- Shorter meeting links - for example, http://fuze.me/1234567
- Improved screen for joining the meeting audio using your computer (VoIP)
- A new link for PC Hosts to a Quick Start Guide for hosting from a PC
- A new Host preference can be set so all meetings default to auto-accept attendees.
- The Meeting Number displayed at the top of the Fuze Client can now be clicked and copied to clipboard (PC & Mac).
- When sharing the desktop, the "Your screen is being shared" bar can now be moved (PC & Mac).
- Remote Control is now supported in the Mac client.
- A new preference can be set to auto-connect your audio via VoIP when starting or joining a meeting (PC & Mac).
- New Upload Manager, including multiple file upload (PC & Mac).
- New video conference camera icons and controls (PC & Mac).
- New audio icons and controls with one click mute (PC & Mac).
- Faster loading of the Fuze Meeting content (PC, Mac & browser users).
- View the FuzeBox New Features Release Sheet for more information.
- Visit the Fuze Meeting Support Forums to join the conversation about the upgrade.
Fuze Meeting Account Requests
Fuze Meeting will be available by request to faculty and staff starting January 2013. Customers can request a Fuze Meeting license by submitting the Request for Fuze Meeting Account form
Throughout the year, Fuze Meeting training sessions will be offered on campus and online for customers interested in Fuze Meeting. Future training dates will be posted here.
- Attend an in-person Fuze Meeting preview session led by SLU's HR Training Team. ITS, in partnership with HR Training, has scheduled sessions for faculty and staff who wish to learn more about the basics of Fuze Meeting. Sessions are available in many different locations, on several different days. See the sign-up form for dates and times and to register for a session.
- Attend a Daily Demo of Fuze Meeting functionality from 12 - 1pm CST. Anyone can register for these daily classes by going to: www.fuzebox.com/support/fuze-ed/live-training Once you have registered for a training you will receive an e-mail that includes the meeting number and other information for that particular meeting.
Monday - Fuze for Tablet Devices
Tuesday - Getting Started with Fuze on your PC
Wednesday - Advanced Hosting on the Fuze PC app
Thursday - Getting Started with Fuze on Your Mac
Friday - Advanced Hosting on the Fuze Mac app
*more detailed descriptions of the topics are online at: https://www.fuzebox.com/support/fuze-ed/live-training
In addition to the live daily demos, Fuze-Ed on-demand recorded training content is available at: https://www.fuzebox.com/support/fuze-ed
- View a 1-hour "Using Fuze Meeting on a PC" Training session led by Logan, the Fuze Trainer. (View below or click here to view in a new window)
To learn more about Tegrity Lecture Capture visit http://slu.edu/capture
Need Help? Fuze Meeting Support
- SLU customers can contact Fuze Support directly for assistance!!
Fuze's Live Support is available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday. You can submit a question 24/7 through Fuze’s online ticketing system at:
Fuze Meeting User Forums: http://support.fuzemeeting.com/forums/20064558-frequently-asked-questions
SLU users can also submit a request or send Fuze Support an e-mail at email@example.com. or call Fuze’s support line at +1 (800) 844-4118; International callers, dial +1-415-692-4800, alternatively, via International Numbers
- To request SLU ITS support with Fuze Meeting, please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and hours.
Learn More (additional information coming soon)