- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Diana, Alice, Emily, and Cecelia Ippolito Healthcare Scholarship
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Criminal Justice and Security Management Scholarship
- Doris Lee O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Criminal Justice Scholarship Fund
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
Doris Lee O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship
- $750 - $1,500
- 1-2 recipients per term will be selected
Do You Qualify?
This award is for any fully admitted new or transfer student who is also a single, working parent. Up to two awards will be given each term. The scholarship is not automatically renewable. Students must reapply every term. Students needing assistance with any part of this application should speak with their advisor or admissions counselor.
To be eligible for the Doris Lee O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Submitted all required official transcripts and officially admitted into an SPS bachelor’s degree program within the past 2 terms and/or no more than 6 credit hours completed with SPS.
- Have a current Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Student Financial Services at Saint Louis University, DuBourg Hall, Room 121, (314) 977-2350.
- Submit a maximum 300 word essay addressing the following topic: "As a single, working parent, what has been the greatest challenge you have faced while pursuing your degree? Why do you believe you are deserving of this award?"
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours ($5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
- Be a single, working parent.
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline.
- File FAFSA.
- Include the essay described above.
School for Professional Studies (SPS) scholarships are awarded to qualified students enrolled in a program issued by SPS. The number and profile of applicants will vary by term; consequently, a student may be awarded a scholarship one term, but not the next. SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.