SLUCare's division of child protection provides expert assessment of victims and suspected victims of child maltreatment, including physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect. Both inpatient and outpatient consultative services are provided at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center. Outpatient clinical services are also provided through the St. Clair County Child Advocacy Center.
We offer education about child protection to the medical, legal, child protective services, and law enforcement communities. We also offer education and crisis intervention to families on a regular basis. We work with community agencies to facilitate optimal care and services for abused children. We also provide expert medical consultation and testimony to the legal community.
SLUCare Child Protection Services
- Evaluation of suspected physical or sexual abuse and neglect
- Expert medical consultation and testimony
- Telephone consultation, triage and crisis intervention
- Counseling recommendations and referrals
- Educational for health care, legal, child protection and law enforcement personnel
- Community outreach to groups, organizations and schools
SLUCare Child Protection Providers
Timothy Kutz, M.D.
Karen Fishman, RN, BSN, MA
Cara Christanell, MSN, RN, CPNP
SLUCare Child Protection Location
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center
1465 S. Grand Blvd., St. Louis, Mo. 63104
(314) 577-5641 [map]