Honor Society Requirements
Welcome Chapter of Lambda Alpha at SLU
Lambda Alpha is the international honors society for students of Anthropology. The name, Lambda Alpha, comes from the initial letters of the Greek words logos anthroupou, meaning the "study of man". The society was originally founded with the purpose of encouraging scholarship and research in Anthropology. SLU was awarded a chapter of Lambda Alpha in 2013 with its first graduation in May of that year.
- The student must be an officially declared Anthropology major or demonstrate a serious interest in Anthropology within an official program of the host institution.
- Anthropology minors are ineligible.
- The student must have at least a 3.2 overall GPA and at least a 3.6 GPA in their Anthropology courses.
- The student must be at least a junior (third year) by standards of Saint Louis University.
- The student must have completed at least four regular courses in Anthropology at Saint Louis University prior to initiation (exclusive of extension or courses graded pass/fail).