Abstracts for the North St. Louis Symposium, which will be held at Saint Louis University Thursday, Oct. 24, are now being accepted. The symposium, titled "Making a Difference in North St. Louis," will continue the momentum for work in North St. Louis that was developed during the spring 2013 Atlas week.
Consistent with the objectives of this symposium, the following should be included in the abstract:
- Mission of the community partner and its alignment with SLU's mission
- Description of the partnership between SLU faculty, staff, or students and the community partner
- Challenges or opportunities that the partners addressed (or plan to address)
- Description of the project in North St. Louis
- Demonstration that SLU personnel and community partners jointly participated (or will participate) in the project
- Description of how the project extended (or will extend) to scholarship and community change
Photographs and/or videos are encouraged; however, presenters will be responsible for providing their own computer to show video. All presentations should be done in poster format and easels will be provided.
Although this is not a juried competition in the usual sense, authors are expected to include all of the components listed above. If components are not addressed, the symposium organizers will work with the authors to assure they address all aspects of the project in their poster.
Abstracts should be submitted to Darcy Scharff at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Oct. 4.