Annual Grantwinner Reception Honors SLU Researchers
Eight grant recipients from departments around the University were recognized for their excellence in research.
|Vice President for Research Raymond Tait, Ph.D., speaks during the 2013 Grantwinners Reception in Sinquefield Stateroom. Submitted photo|
The Division of Research Administration hosted the 37th annual Grantwinner Reception on Sept. 13. The event recognizes all grant winners throughout the University from the previous academic and fiscal year.
Researchers are also nominated by college deans and associate deans to receive individual awards.
Junior and senior level faculty members are nominated by their deans based on grant funding for the academic year and academic productivity, including publication and patents.
The 2013 recipients of the Excellence in Research Awards are:
Senior faculty awardees:
- Eleonore Stump, Ph.D., and John Greco, Ph.D., from the Department of Philosophy in the College of Arts and Sciences
- R. Mark L. Buller, Ph.D., from the Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology in the School of Medicine
Junior faculty awardees:
- Arif Malik, Ph.D., from the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology
- Joanne Wagner, Ph.D., from the Program in Physical Therapy at Doisy College of Health Sciences
In addition to the excellence in research awards, the Division of Research Administration also gives out awards for excellence in innovation, service and research administration.
The 2013 special award winners are:
- Alan Stephenson, Ph.D., from the Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science in the School of Medicine received the Faculty Service Award in recognition of his 12 years of service as member and chair of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
- Jacki Kornbluth, Ph.D., from the Department of Pathology in the School of Medicine received the Faculty Innovation Award.
- Stephen Schmidt from the Department of Internal Medicine in the School of Medicine received the Excellence in Research Administration Award.
|The 2013 Grantwinner Award winners, from left: Raymond Tait, Ph.D., vice president for Research; Theodore Vitali, C.P., Ph.D., (accepting for Eleonore Stump, Ph.D.); John Greco, Ph.D.; R. Mark Buller, Ph.D.; Alan Stephenson, Ph.D.; Joanne Wagner, Ph.D.; Jacki Kornbluth, Ph.D.; Stephen Schmidt; and Arif Malik, Ph.D. Submitted photo|