Our department has teamed up with Hazzard Moving & Storage to provide a convenient summer storage plan for your student. Your student will box up their items and leave them in their current residence hall room, Hazzard will remove them and store them for the summer, and then Hazzard will deliver the items to your student's fall room assignment. Please follow the link to the Hazzard Moving & Storage website for more information.
Room Cleanliness/Check-out Expectations
Residents are expected to leave the room or apartment in as good or better condition than it was found. Students leaving during the semester should depart their room having prepared the room for the arrival of a future occupant. Any damages to the room should be noted to the Resident Advisor. All personal effects must be removed from university property. Failure to do so will result in additional fees or charges for item removal and disposal. Housing and Residence Life will not be responsible for abandoned personal property. The Resident Advisor will complete a room or apartment condition inventory form with the student for regular check-outs or complete the same form afterwards for express check-outs. Please meet with the Resident Advisor to discuss your departure and expectations in advance of your planned departure.
Steps for check-out:
- Remove your belongings and clean room. You must leave your room or apartment in the same condition as when you arrived. Cleaning the space upon move-out is the responsibility of everyone in the room and/or suite.
- Regular Check-out: Check out of room with any Resident Advisor from your building, using the room or apartment condition inventory form on file.
- Express Check-out: You may place your key in an Express Check-out Envelope and turn it in at the respective service desk for your building. The room or apartment condition inventory form will be reviewed after your departure. You are implicitly accepting the review of the housing and residence life staff when using the express check-out option.
- Give your signed and completed room condition form and keys to Resident Advisor from your building.
- If there are damages associated with the room, a charge will be placed on your student account.
In order to leave your room in the best condition possible, here is a list of some steps to take. Failure to clean your space appropriately, will result in damage and/or cleaning charges.
- Remove all personal belongings from the space
- Vacuum and sweep floors free of dust and dirt.
- Use a wet mop on floors.
- Remove scuff marks, spots, and spills.
- Free of sink of dirt, hair, soap film, and stains.
- Scrub sink, tub and shower with disinfectant.
- Scrub toilet inside and out.
- Clean mirrors with glass cleaner.
- Free walls of tape, adhesive, stickers, posters, and marks.
- Wash down walls, light socket covers, A/C units, and heater vents.
- Dust wall trim and baseboards.
- Wipe and dust window blinds and sills.
- Wipe down all shelves.
- Wipe down all surfaces and drawers.
- Remove all garbage and clean trash receptacles.
- Remove all food from refrigerator.
- Clean inside and outside of refrigerator.
- Clean stovetop and sink, inside oven, under and around burners.
- Clean hood fan and vent filter.