- News, Videos & Social Media
- SPS News and Events
- SPS 2014 News & Events
- SPS 2013 News & Events
- SLU for Busy Adults Information Fair - February 2013
- Graduate School Open House at SLU
- New Computer Information Systems Program
- SLU Approved as REP by Project Management Institute
- Grawitch Named as Interim Dean for SPS
- Saint Louis University Names New Program Coordinator for Hospitality Management Program
- New Assistant Chair of the Renaissance Programs in Education
- Grawitch Gives Presentation at American Psychological Association’s Work & Well-Being Conference
- SLU for Busy Adults Information Session - November 2013
- SLU School for Professional Studies 5th Annual Trivia Night - Registration Now Open
- School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University Names New Distance Learning Coordinator
- School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University Announces Distinguished Faculty Award Recipients
- Hospitality Management Information Session - December 3
- International Education Week 2013
- SPS 2012 News & Events
- SPS 2011 News & Events
School for Professional Studies Names New Distance Learning Coordinator
Jim Bone, M.A., M.S. will oversee the development and delivery of eLearning resources for students and faculty
The School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University has named Jim Bone, M.A., M.S., as the new Distance Learning Coordinator. Bone will be responsible for seeking out new technology for online educational instruction as well as serving as a resource to faculty for online classes. He will organize and implement initiatives that promote globally-accessible, academic and professional programs for working students.
Bone comes to SLU with 10 years of experience working in higher education and distance learning-most recently as Senior Instructional Designer for St. Louis Community College. He also has a strong background as an adjunct professor, web and multimedia developer and training officer. Bone has been nominated four times for Innovator of the Year in the League of Innovation.
He received his Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in English Language and Literature from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and his Master of Science in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois.
About the School for Professional Studies
All classes in the School for Professional Studies are offered in accelerated eight-week sessions and are designed for busy adults with affordable tuition rates as well as convenient, online classes. SLU for Busy Adults gives working professionals the opportunity to earn their degree with flexible online and evening courses. In Saint Louis University's tradition of excellence, the School for Professional Studies caters to nontraditional students so they can pursue Bachelor's and Master's programs from globally-recognized SLU.
Applications for all programs are being accepted now for the Fall Term. Anyone interested can apply online at busyadults.slu.edu or call (314) 977-2330.