The SLU Mission Grant Program
The SLU Mission Grant Program is ready to begin. The process is simple; the possibilities are endless. Are you interested?
What exactly is a "SLU Mission Grant"?
Any full-or part-time SLU staff or faculty member, or full-time student may apply for a Mission Grant, between $50 and $300, to help support activities that promote the Mission of Saint Louis University.
Our mission as a Catholic, Jesuit university, is the pursuit of truth for the greater glory of God and for the service of humanity. You can find the complete Saint Louis University Mission Statement at (http://www.slu.edu/mission-statement)
Why do we offer this program?
- Because we believe our Mission lives most powerfully in the day-to-day lives and activities of our students, staff, faculty, and administrators, inspiring our many stories as a University community;
- Because we believe there are many different ways to be Catholic and Jesuit;
- Because we believe that creative grassroots-level explorations and promotions of our Mission may be much more likely to occur, flourish and be sustained with seed money.
What type of projects and activities can we fund?
You tell us--what are you doing, or what do you want to do...
Do you want to
- provide scholarships for local middle school students to take a computerized writing workshop?
- create an urban garden on campus?
- take SLU students to a community lecture or arts exhibit?
- provide support for a design project for wheelchair access?
- start a recycling program, or support ongoing SLU recycling initiatives?
- pay for material costs for support workshops for local teachers?
- hold a healthy living seminar at a local church?
Click here to see examples of past Mission Grants
CONTACT US at email@example.com
SLU Mission Grant Criteria
SLU Mission Grant Application