...the pursuit of truth for the greater glory of God and for the service of humanity...
A project or activity must meet 5 criteria to be considered for a SLU Mission Grant:
1. The project or activity must clearly promote and reflect one or more elements of the SLU Mission ...the pursuit of truth for the greater glory of God and for the service of humanity... (http://www.slu.edu/mission-statement)
2. You must be personally involved in the project or activity (no pass-through funding of other people's projects, please);
3. You must be a full-time employee of the University, or a full-time SLU student, during the time the project or activity takes place;
4. The grant monies must be spent in the same fiscal year in which they are received;
5. The grant supports content, and may not be used for shipping, food or other refreshments;
6. You must attend a wrap-up meeting/exhibition of your work at the end of the academic year in which you receive your grant. At this gathering you will meet with other grant recipients and the SLU Mission Grant Program committee to present and discuss your project or activity, and the results it produced.
Preference will be given to collaborative efforts - projects in which the SLU Mission Grant is one source of funding among several others - and projects that bring together multiple departments or entities from the SLU community.
Receipts are required prior to any reimbursement; requests for direct funding (as opposed to reimbursement) must be discussed individually with the Selection Committee.