Research Advisory Council
RESEARCH ADVISORY COUNCIL BY-LAWS
(adopted as of September 12, 2014)
The Research Advisory Council is charged with:
- Supporting the mission of the CPHSJ Research Office to promote a dynamic, innovative, and productive research community
- Identifying research priority areas and upcoming funding opportunities
- Codifying, developing, or modifying written policies and procedures when necessary
- Helping to develop initiatives and mechanisms for building and growing the college's extramural funding base
- Helping to implement the strategic plan pertaining to scholarship
- Assisting with the CPHSJ research awards
The Research Advisory Council is comprised of faculty members representing each of the six CPHSJ departments with a track record of outstanding scholarship, including awarded external funding, and staff members from the Research Office. Members of the Research Advisory Council are invited to serve by the CPHSJ Research Office with the support of their Department Chair. Each member may serve a term of two years with no term limits.
The Research Advisory Council is chaired by the CPHSJ Associate Dean for Research.
The Chair's primary responsibilities include:
- Developing the meeting agenda
- Drafting policies and procedures for review by the Research Advisory Council
- Chairing the Research Advisory Council meetings
- Providing assistance in carrying out the key functions of the Research Advisory Council
The Research Advisory Council will meet monthly each semester and as convened by the CPHSJ Associate Dean.