Tobias Winright, PhD
- May 2014: “Face Value: Ethics, Icons, and Face Transplants.” Paper presented at the Arts, Media, Literature, and Religion section of the Annual Meeting of the College Theology Society, Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
- March 2014: “The Limits and Possibilities of the Face.” Paper presented at the Third Annual Conference on Medicine and Religion, Chicago, Illinois.
- Environmental Justice and Climate Change: Assessing Benedict XVI’s Ecological Vision for the Catholic Church in the United States (co-edited with Jame Schaefer). Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2013.
- Violence, Transformation, and the Sacred: “They Shall Be Called Children of God,” College Theology Society Annual Volume 57 (co-edited with Margaret Pfeil). Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2012.
- Green Discipleship: Catholic Theological Ethics and the Environment (editor and contributor). Winona, MN: Anselm Academic Press, 2011.
- After the Smoke Clears: The Just War Tradition and Post War Justice (with Mark Allman). Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2010.
Selected Articles and Book Chapters
- “Liturgy and (God’s) Justice for All: The Eucharist as Theological Basis for Translating Recent Catholic Teaching on Capital Punishment.” In Translating Religion, College Theology Society Annual Vol. 58, edited by Anita Houck and Mary Doak. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2013, pp. 118-136.
- “Growing Edges of Just War Theory: Jus Ante Bellum, Jus Post Bellum, and Imperfect Justice” (with Mark Allman). Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics 32, no. 2 (2012): 173-191.
- “Just Policing and the Responsibility to Protect.” Ecumenical Review 63, no. 1 (March 2011): 84-95.
- “The Morality of Cluster Bombing.” Studies in Christian Ethics 22, no. 3 (August 2009): 357-381.
- “The Liturgy as a Basis for Catholic Identity, Just War Theory, and the Presumption against War.” In Catholic Identity and the Laity, College Theology Society Annual Vol. 54, edited by Tim Muldoon. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2009, pp. 134-151.
- “Jus Post Bellum: Extending the Just War Theory” (with Mark Allman). In Faith in Public Life, College Theology Society Annual Vol. 53, edited by William J. Collinge. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2008, pp. 241-264.
- “Undertaking an Evaluation of War with an Entirely New Attitude? Just-War Theory & Global Policing.” In Political Ethics and International Order, eds. Stefan Heuser and Hans G. Ulrich. Münster, Germany: Lit-Verlag Publishing, 2007, pp. 357-369.
- “What Might a Policing Approach Contribute to the Pacifist/Just-War Debate on Dealing with Terrorism?” In Conflict and Conciliation: Faith and Politics in an Age of Global Dissonance, ed. Jason Daverth. Dublin, Ireland: Columba Press, 2007, pp. 39-69.
- “Gather Us In and Make Us Channels of Your Peace: Undertaking an Evaluation of War with an Entirely New Attitude.” In Gathered for the Journey: Moral Theology in Catholic Perspective, eds. M. Therese Lysaught and David Matzko McCarthy. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing/SCM Press, 2007, pp. 281-306.
- “Community Policing as a Paradigm for International Order.” In Just Policing, Not War: An Alternative Approach to World Violence, ed. Gerald W. Schlabach, with a foreword by Jim Wallis. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, 2007, pp. 130-152.
- “Just Cause and Preemptive Strikes in the War on Terrorism: Insights from a Just-Policing Perspective.” Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics 26, no. 2 (Fall/Winter 2006): 157-181.