You're only a few steps away. Get your application started today!
New Scholar Application Process
The 1818 Advanced College Credit Program is excited to offer exceptional students the opportunity to partake in the Visiting Young Scholars Program.
Enrollment in the program is on a limited basis, and therefore it is important that you submit all necessary materials to apply for the program as a new student.
Key Application Deadlines
- Fall - August 1st
- Spring - December 1st
- Summer - May 1st
We've complied a checklist of steps to follow below to apply successfully to the program.
- Review the Eligibility Requirements.
- Review the 100-200 level course offerings for the current semester, and record the course information for the ones they wish to take to include on the Visiting Young Scholars' Application.
- Please note: Scholars are only allowed to take 11 credit hours per semester.
- Be sure to review any prerequisites for the course (i.e. CHEM 164 must be taken with CHEM 166 and have a prerequisite of CHEM 163 and 165).
- Please note: While AP credit may satisfy a University's full time student prerequisite of a course, the VYS Program in no way acknowledges AP credit ass satisfactorily meeting a course prerequisite.
- Download and complete the Visiting Young Scholars' Application.
- Request a school administrator, counselor, or teacher to submit and mail the following in a separate sealed envelope:
- Applicants should mail their VYS application separately from the high school documentation to:
1818 Advanced College Credit Program
Attn: Visiting Young Scholars Program Director
1 Grand Blvd, DB #17
St. Louis, MO 63103
* In the case of home schooled students, Step 3's recommendation may also come from a coach, activities supervisor, or designated mentor other than a parent.
Notification of VYS Acceptance
Once you have completed your application and mailed it to the 1818 Advanced College Credit Program office, the Program Director will review your application and contents. You will be notified by phone or email upon the Director's decision regarding your application.
If you are accepted the following steps occur to complete your registration:
- The 1818 ACC Program staff will seek written approval from each instructor of the courses you have indicated wishing to enroll in.
- If the instructor(s) grant written approval the 1818 ACC Director will review the letters.
- If the 1818 ACC Director grants approval of enrollment upon the review of the letters, the application and supporting documents is sent to the College of Arts and Sciences Dean for final approval.
If at any point the instructor, 1818 ACC Director, or Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences denies the request, the newly accepted scholar will be contacted to research additional courses they may wish to seek enrollment in.