Skip the frying this Super Bowl Sunday - these wings are baked to perfection! Be sure to leave enough time to let you wings marinade for 30 minutes, then bake for about another hour.
Baked Buffalo Wings
- 3 pounds drumlettes and wings
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
For the blue cheese dip:
- 1 cup low-fat (plain) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Scallions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and lightly grease an oven-proof pan.
- In a large bowl, generously season drumlettes and wings with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a saute pan over low heat, melt butter. Add thyme and garlic to allow to simmer for 3 minutes. Once thyme and garlic become aromatic, add hot sauce and stir.
- Pour entire mixture over chicken and toss to coat. Allow wings to marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blue cheese and low-fat Greek yogurt in a small bowl. Mix well, and refrigerate.
- Transfer chicken to oven-proof baking dish and place in the oven. Bake 30 minutes; with tongs or a fork, flip and baste wings.
- Bake for 25 minutes more, occasionally basting wings while they're in the oven.
- Remove pan from oven, and allow wings to slightly cool in pan. Baste with juices, and serve with blue cheese dip!