Faculty Recognized for Outstanding Scholarly Achievements
Six faculty were recognized in April for their performance as productive researchers and scholars in 2013 at this year's College for Public Health and Social Justice Celebrate Scholarship reception sponsored by the Research Office.
The first annual Research Awards were presented to faculty members with the highest scores at each level (assistant, associate, and full professor), and faculty with the second highest score received a Certificate of Recognition for their 2013 accomplishments. In addition, awardees at the assistant and associate professor levels received $500 to spend on research-related items.
Performance as a productive researcher was based on a combination of the number of articles published in peer-reviewed journals and the percent of the faculty member's salary recovered by external funding sources in 2013.
Congratulations to the 2013 winners!
- Enbal Shacham, Ph.D., assistant professor, behavioral science and health education
- Terri Rebmann, Ph.D., associate professor, environmental and occupational health
- Hong Xian, Ph.D., professor, biostatistics
Certificates of Recognition
- Brandy Maynard, Ph.D., assistant professor, social work
- Cynthia LeRouge, Ph.D., associate professor, health management and policy
- Marla Berg-Weger, Ph.D., professor, social work