Skip to main content
Menu Search & Directory

Visit the 1818 COVID-19 FAQ page for details on virtual information sessions for parents and updates on the 1818 Advanced College Credit Program's response to COVID-19.  

FAQs About 1818

If you're considering applying for the 1818 Advanced College Credit program but want to learn more, take a look at these frequently asked questions.

View 1818 COVID-19 FAQs

Who can participate in the 1818 Advanced College Credit program?
Students admitted to the 1818 Program are typically juniors or seniors with at least a 3.0 GPA. Sophomores who meet certain requirements are  eligible to participate in the 1818 Program.  Please see the 1818 registration page for further details. 
Is the 1818 Advanced College Credit program accredited?

The 1818 Program is nationally accredited through the National Alliance for Concurrent Enrollment Programs (NACEP) and the Higher Learning Commission. Additionally, the 1818 Program and complies with all requirements in the states that it operates in. Individuals can review the 1818 Program's accreditation application and ongoing updates on the SLU 1818 NACEP accreditation webpage.

What do I do if I miss registration?

If you miss the deadline to register, you cannot register for 1818 courses that semester. Saint Louis University and the institution will communicate deadlines to students. It is the student's responsibility to meet the deadlines. There are no exceptions.

How do I get my tuition bills and report cards?

Tuition bills are mailed to your home and emailed to the addresses provided on your application. You can also log in to mySLU and view your invoice through the payment suite under the Tools tab. All tuition-related bills and 1818 Advanced College Credit correspondence is addressed to the student. 

Saint Louis University does not issue paper grade report cards to students. The Office of the Registrar issues grades electronically to students through Banner after the close of the semester.

Does 1818 credit transfer to other colleges and universities besides SLU?
Students report 1818 credit transferring to more than 500 schools in the United States. 
How do I get my Saint Louis University transcript sent to my university?
To transfer 1818 credit, you should request that a transcript be sent from the Office of the Registrar to the recipient university. 
Is 1818 Advanced College Credit the same as AP?
No, the 1818 Advanced College Credit program is not affiliated with the Advanced Placement program. View a comparison chart of 1818 Advanced College Credit and Advanced Placement.

What do I do if I can't log in to my account?
You may be locked out of your account, your password has expired, or you have the wrong username or password.  Contact SLU IT at (314) 977-4000 for assistance. You will need your SLUnet ID, Banner ID, date of birth, home address and last four digits of your social security to verify identity.

What academic resources, such as tutoring, do students have access to?
Since 1818 students are considered SLU students, they also have access to the academic support resources available to full-time students. This includes access to academic advising, tutoring, disability accommodations, writing center and more. Families interested in utilizing these resources should review the Student Success Center website. 
What library resources are available and how do I access them?
Saint Louis University remains committed to ensuring that partners and schools have access to SLU's world-class resources. Students in the 1818 Program are able to access research materials through Pius XII Memorial library by visiting campus and renting out books or utilizing the digital databases on campus. Students currently do not have remote access, but instructors, coordinators and institutional librarians are able to assist students using their remote access provided by SLU to them. For more information about library resources to institutions or to contact the SLU 1818 librarian, please visit the 1818 Library website.