Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow (STAT) is a student-led organization that educates current students on what it means to be alumni of Saint Louis University, build philanthropy awareness on campus and engage with alumni through networking, professional development and social events.
The purpose of STAT is to connect current students and alumni through the three pillars of the organization:
- Educate: STAT creates unique programming for current students that will help them prepare for their upcoming roles as alumni, including networking opportunities with alumni and the Life After SLU series.
- Engage: STAT fosters the Billiken experience through events such as Homecoming and Family Weekend and Senior Night at the Ballpark. In addition, STAT connects current students with alumni by offering volunteer activities at various local alumni events. STAT frequently partners and volunteers with BOLD (Billikens of the Last Decade).
- Give: STAT created the Students Helping Students Scholarship, an emergency need-based scholarship that is funded for students by students. STAT sponsors several fundraisers throughout the year to support the scholarship and increase philanthropy awareness across campus.
To learn more about STAT and how you can be a part of this organization, please email email@example.com.
Part of STAT's mission is to build philanthropy awareness on campus, and therefore we host multiple opportunities throughout the year for students to give back to Saint Louis University and assist fellow Billikens in need through the Students Helping Students Scholarship.
Participate in carnival games to earn prizes, all while learning about the impact of philanthropy at Saint Louis University.
Students Helping Students Scholarship
Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow (STAT) is proud to promote the Students Helping Students Scholarship. This fund provides immediate one-time assistance to Billikens who find themselves in temporary need of additional funds to stay enrolled in classes and make progress towards graduation. The scholarship is awarded each fall and spring semester (awards are not made during summer sessions).
The Students Helping Students Scholarship awarded over $40,000 in financial assistance to more than 40 students in its three years of existence. While the awards are made possible through generous gifts from students, alumni and friends of the university, the scholarship is funded primarily by gifts from current students.
You must have a current FAFSA* (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application on file. You must not have received an award from the Students Helping Students Scholarship in the same academic year. Awards are not made during summer sessions. You must have taken all offered financial aid, including any loans available through Financial Aid. *International Students who do not have a FAFSA on file are encouraged to apply; however, please be sure you have exhausted all financial aid available.
To apply for the Students Helping Students scholarship:
1. Log in to your MySLU
2. Click on the Tools Tab
3. Click on the Scholarship Suite icon
4. Complete the general application questions upon entering the site (remember to hit Finish & Submit)
5. Hover over Opportunities (located on the blue banner) and select Ours.
6. Click on the Students Helping Students Scholarship
Please be sure to monitor your application to ensure completion of required items before the due date.
If you encounter any problems or have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall semester: September 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Spring semester: TBD
Awards from the fund are disbursed through a confidential application and blind review process led by Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow. Applications are reviewed in the context of the immediate need stated by the applicant in relation to his or her financial aid record provided by the Financial Aid Office. You will be notified by email by the final Friday of the deadline month with a decision from the selection committee.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
- President: Kerry Anderson (Doisy '20)
- Secretary: Madison Leonardi (A&S '21)
- VP of Alumni and Student Engagement: Sarah Maller (A&S '21) and Kay Mastrocola (Doisy '20)
- VP of Marketing: Abby Ketema (CPHSJ '20)
- VP of Membership: Megan Kress (A&S '20) and Katherine Ward (A&S '20)
- VP of Philanthropy: Megan Ng (Doisy '21) and Kristen Ward (CPHSJ '20)
- VP of Recruitment: Margaret O'Brien (CPHSJ '22)
- Staff Adviser: Kari Hinkle (Grad Ed ’19)