Checklist: After Admission
Admitted to SLU? There's still plenty to do.
You've researched your major, taken the campus tour, submitted your application and received that congratulatory phone call from your admission counselor. That's it, right? Done?
Not quite. There are a few more items to complete! Review the steps below and complete the process of becoming a Billiken.
1. Confirm your enrollment
Time to let us know you're coming! Using information from your admit packet, log into the mySLU portal to pay your enrollment deposit. Visits to the campus bookstore for Billiken bumper stickers and SLU blue T-shirts are optional.
2. Apply for housing
You've got to have somewhere to live, right? Review SLU's first-year housing options, apply for housing via the mySLU portal.
You also can indicate your preferred dorms or learning communities. Housing is assigned based on your application date, so make sure to get your paperwork in by May 1. If you're ready to start packing, check out our checklist of things to bring to college.
3. Register for summer orientationReady to meet some new friends? Registration is open now for SLU101, SLU's fun and helpful summer orientation program. During SLU101, you'll meet your academic adviser, register for classes, get your ID and meet other incoming freshman. Check out pictures of past SLU101s to get an idea of what's in store.
4. Read your admit packetHey, actual mail! After you were accepted, you received a packet that contained information with just about everything you need to get started, including important deadlines and dates. Find that. It also has your invitation to SLU's Facebook group for the Class of 2019, so you can start getting to know future classmates, and more about SLU, right away!
5. Review Financial Aid Options
If finances are a concern, your first step is to file the U.S. Department of Education's Free Application For Federal Student Aid, also known as the FAFSA. It's best to submit your FAFSA forms by March 1 for priority consideration. Check out our financial aid checklist for more advice.
6. Submit remaining documents
Time to gather up the rest of the paperwork! By Aug. 1, you must send the University several important documents, including your final high school transcript, an immunization record and personal health history and other forms. Have questions? Ask your admission counselor. See you at SLU!
Leave a comment or ask a question:
Ready to Be A Billiken?
- Campus Tour Questions
- Checklist: 12th Grade
- Scholarship Deadlines
- Get Admitted to College
- Transfer Colleges
- Checklist: 11th Grade
- Checklist: 10th Grade
- Checklist: College Prep
- Quiz: College 101
- College Tests
- Questions for Admission Counselors
- Admission Counselor Tips
- Checklist: International Students