The Social Media Accounts You Need to Follow
You’ve refreshed Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at least 10 times in the last hour, and there’s nothing new. Looks like it’s time to add some new pages to your feeds.
Why you should like it: Your mom has probably already tagged you in a post on this page, and there is a good reason why. There are plenty of pictures and videos of life on campus plus stories on cool research, campus events and student profiles. You can also find contests where you can win some SLU swag. And you obviously want to win some swag.
Why you should follow: You know what filter the clock tower looks best in? All of them. You’ll find SLUlips (our affectionate word for tulips on campus), SLU events and, of course, the best SLU study spots. Besides that, if you’ve tagged SLU in a photo or visited campus at a time when your photo might have been taken, you might see yourself featured in one of the shots!
Why you should follow: We know you’re busy and/or have a short attention span. We’re here for you. If you want the latest SLU news and events in 60 seconds or less, follow @SLU_Official on Twitter.
Why you should subscribe: You just finished a pretty intense Netflix binge and don’t know what to do next. Try SLU’s Youtube to get out of that post-binge funk. You’ll find recaps of campus events, student stories and more. It’s no Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but we think you’ll still like it.
All the Social Media, All the Time
You’re already in the following rhythm. Keep it going with these other great follows!
- Don’t forget about the Billiken, SLU’s mascot! See SLU through the Billiken’s eyes on Snapchat (and he always knows where free food is on campus so everyone wins). Follow the Billiken on Twitter and Facebook to see photos and posts especially for students, too.
- University President Dr. Fred Pestello’s Twitter is a prime place to interact with the president and get a look at his day-to-day life.
- It’s never too early to start thinking about your career so connect with SLU on LinkedIn, too.
- Get ideas for decorating your dorm room, tips about eating healthy on campus and links to our favorite SLU merchandise on Pinterest.
- Looking for the latest scores and player news from Billiken sports teams? The Billiken Athletics Facebook page and Twitter accounts for every sport have you covered.
- If you already have dreams of one day studying on the other side of the Atlantic, see what SLU-Madrid is up to on their Facebook and Twitter.
With so many great events happening all over SLU, be sure to follow your academic program’s social media accounts, too. That way, you’ll never miss out on great speakers, study groups and extracurricular opportunities. Have a suggestion for a SLU account everyone should follow? Tag us @SLU_Official on Twitter, and we might share your rec.
- 7 Squirrels You'll Meet in College
- 10 Tips for College Success
- Admission Counselor Tips: SLU Counselors' Best College Search Advice
- Best Spots Around SLU: Some of the Coolest Things Near — and Even on — Campus
- College Dorm Room FAQ: What You Need to Know Before Dorm Room Assignments
- Commute to SLU
- Early College Prep: Tips for College-Bound Kids
- How to Be a Roommate: 5 Steps to Help You Get Along with Your College Roommate
- How to Change the World: Make a Difference at a University that Emphasizes Public Service
- How to Get Admitted: We Break Down the Steps, From Application to Interview
- How to Go Greek: What You Need to Know About Rushing Sororities and Fraternities
- How to Pick a Major: Still Deciding on a Future Career? We've Got Some Tips for You.
- How to Plan Your College Search: Tips for Researching College Admission, Financial Aid and More
- How to Prep to Play College Sports: It's More than Talent and Grades
- How to Transfer Colleges: Tips on Switching to a New University or College
- Inside a College Fair: Your First Look at Your Top College or University Choices
- It's Not Too Late to Apply: Learn About SLU's Rolling Admissions Policy
- Scholarships and Service: Scholarships for Students Committed to Community Service
- SLU Scholarships for Freshmen: Saint Louis University Offers More than 10 Scholarships and Awards
- SLU's Team Spirit: What It's Like to Cheer on the Billikens
- The Social Media Accounts You Need to Follow
- The Tests You Need for College: Learn About the ACT and the SAT
- The Value of SLU: Investing in Yourself
- Top 5 Admission Counselor Questions: Questions You Should Be Asking in Your College Interviews
- Top 5 College Choice Tips: Find the Best College Fit for You
- Top 5 College Prep Activities: The Best High School Activities for College Success
- Top 5 Majors at SLU: What Undergraduate Degrees are Most Popular?
- Top 5 Ways to Pay for College: College Financial Aid, Explained
- Top 5 Things to Bring to SLU
- What Does College Cost? Plan for Tuition, Plus These Expenses
- What to Ask on Campus Tours: College Visit Guides Have the Answers. Ask the Right Questions.
- What's Work Study? Work on Campus with this College Financial Aid Tool