SLU 101: Summer Orientation at SLU
Your First Look at Freshman Year
From the moment new SLU students step on our St. Louis, Missouri, campus for their three-day summer orientation, they are part of the Billiken community.
SLU 101 gives students a 36 hour taste of what college life is going to be like. And for many new Billikens, the connections they make during SLU 101 prove that they've made the right college choice. Incoming freshmen get a chance to start exploring SLU's campus and really get to know their peers.
They also get to meet upperclassmen, the SLU 101 leaders, who are typically in their same majors and can offer personal insights about what they went through during their freshman year and how they've progressed throughout their university experience at SLU.
A Schedule Built for Families
The SLU 101 schedule is built just for families, to help you in your transition to college. You and your parents get to hear about what resources — academic and social — are available on campus, and learn how to be involved at SLU.
"I think it was hard on my parents to see me go," said Enrique, a student from Omaha, Nebraska. "I think at the same time for my parents, it was also a very rewarding experience that they got to see their child become something bigger."
To learn more about what you can expect once you arrive on SLU's campus in the fall, check out our Fall Welcome video.
Coming to SLU as a freshman this fall? Register now for SLU 101.
- Being a Billiken: So Much More than SLU's Mascot
- College Matters: Where You Go to School Makes a Difference
- Fall Welcome at SLU: Your First Days at Saint Louis University
- Getting Involved at SLU: Here's How to Start
- Here Is St. Louis: See What Makes SLU's Hometown a Great Place to Live, Learn and Have Fun
- Interested in Living in a Learning Community? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Mass at College Church: Spiritual Life at Saint Louis University
- Tour SLU: Academics — An Inside Look at Our Classrooms, Study Spots and Library
- Tour SLU: Student Life — What's It Like to go to SLU?
- Tour SLU: Where to Eat and Sleep
- University 101: A Crash Course in Succeeding at Saint Louis University
- What Is a Billiken? An Inside Look at Saint Louis University's Iconic Mascot
- Why SLU Is the Right Choice