Tour SLU: Student Life — What’s It Like to Go to SLU?
While students come to Saint Louis University to get an education, being a Billiken is also about what happens outside of the classroom.
Sports at SLU
Being a Billiken fan is awesome. The SLU men's soccer program has won 10 national championships, more than any other school in the country. Billiken fans who go really crazy are called SLUnatics. They get fired up for basketball at Chaifetz Arena and promote SLU's 18 Division I teams. SLU is the only NCAA Division I school in St. Louis.
Another popular spot is the Simon Recreation Center, which has indoor and outdoor pools, an indoor track, rooms for group exercise and lots of state-of-the-art equipment. Every SLU student gets a free membership.
Getting Involved at SLU
At SLU, there are nearly 200 student organizations, many of which can be found at the Busch Student Center. We have just about everything you might be interested in, including sororities and fraternities, a cappella groups, intramural sports and ultimate Frisbee.
And if service is important to you, SLU is a great place to be — our faculty, staff and students together put in more than a million community service hours each year.
Faith at SLU
Although SLU's Catholic, Jesuit heritage shows across the University, students of all faiths are welcomed here. One of the most popular events on campus is 9 p.m. Sunday Mass at St. Francis Xavier College Church. Anyone can attend, and it's a great way to reflect on the week.
Want to see more of campus? Check out our videos featuring Saint Louis University's
academics, and get a look at where SLU students eat, sleep and study.
- Being a Billiken: So Much More than SLU's Mascot
- College Matters: Where You Go to School Makes a Difference
- Fall Welcome at SLU: Your First Days at Saint Louis University
- Getting Involved at SLU: Here's How to Start
- Here Is St. Louis: See What Makes SLU's Hometown a Great Place to Live, Learn and Have Fun
- Interested in Living in a Learning Community? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Mass at College Church: Spiritual Life at Saint Louis University
- SLU 101: Summer Orientation at SLU
- Tour SLU: Academics — An Inside Look at Our Classrooms, Study Spots and Library
- Tour SLU: Where to Eat and Sleep
- University 101: A Crash Course in Succeeding at Saint Louis University
- What Is a Billiken? An Inside Look at Saint Louis University's Iconic Mascot
- Why SLU Is the Right Choice