Tour SLU: Where to Eat and Sleep
Saint Louis University is nationally known for its beautiful campus. Located in the Midtown area of St. Louis, Missouri, SLU is steps away from the arts and entertainment district known as Grand Center, as well as lots of other urban, cultural attractions.
But being in an urban setting doesn't mean SLU students miss out on a traditional college experience. The campus is set on more than 270 acres with nearly 150 buildings, and SLU's undergraduates have their pick of residence halls, state-of-the art classrooms, hundreds of clubs and activities, art museums, concerts, all-you-can eat dining and more.
Dorms and Dining
More than 90 percent of SLU's freshmen live on campus. Grand Hall and Spring Hall, SLU's newest dorms — which are among the most sustainable buildings on campus — house many first-year and second-year residents. Both have community lounges, study spaces, chapels and outdoor gathering areas. On ground floor of Grand Hall is the brand-new, all-you-care-to-eat Grand Dining Hall. In addition, there are plenty of other good eats on campus and all around SLU.
Smart classrooms across campus use the latest technology. And half of SLU’s undergraduate courses have fewer than 20 students, which means more individual attention. A secure wireless internet connection keeps you connected in any building on campus and many popular outdoor spots as well. Plus, there are more than 8,000 public computers available across campus.
Another great place to spend time is the Busch Student Center, the hub of student life on campus. Home to the bookstore, some good nooks for studying and lots of dining options, the BSC also houses campus activities like the student-run radio station and the Cross Cultural Center. Need a study break? The Simon Recreation Center has two levels of workout space, indoor and outdoor pools, and a smoothie bar for after your workout. Every SLU student is given a free membership.
Sports are big at SLU, the only NCAA Division I school in St. Louis. From basketball and soccer to baseball, softball and volleyball, you can almost always catch a game on campus. Chaifetz Arena is home to lots of the action as well as concerts and special events throughout the year.
If you need a little quiet reflection, SLU has you covered. With lots of open space and public art and fountains, there's always some place you can call your own, including one of SLU's most recognizable landmarks — Saint Francis Xavier College Church. Home to SLU's Sunday Evening Student Mass, the building, also known as College Church, is a spiritual home to many students, Catholic or not. Want to see it for yourself? Schedule a visit.
- Being a Billiken: More Than SLU's Mascot
- College Matters: Where You Go to School Makes a Difference
- Fall Welcome at SLU: Your First Days at Saint Louis University
- Getting Involved at SLU: Here's How to Start
- Interested in Living in a Learning Community? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Mass at College Church: Spiritual Life at Saint Louis University
- SLU 101: Summer Orientation at SLU
- Tour SLU: Academics — An Inside Look at Our Classrooms, Study Spots and Library
- Tour SLU: Student Life — What's It Like to go to SLU?
- Tour SLU: Where to Eat and Sleep
- University 101: A Crash Course in Succeeding at Saint Louis University
- What Is a Billiken? An Inside Look at Saint Louis University's Iconic Mascot
- Why SLU Is the Right Choice