Saint Louis University's bicentennial events will celebrate our history, fostering
pride in and support for SLU locally, nationally and globally.
Our guiding principles are clarity, simplicity, dignity and inclusiveness. In addition,
we will emphasize outreach to the community, the Society of Jesus, the Catholic Church,
and SLU's faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Ellen Harshman, Ph.D., dean emeritus of the John Cook School of Business and former
vice president for academic affairs, leads a bicentennial steering committee of representatives
from throughout SLU, as well as the Jesuit community.
Members of the committee are available to answer questions regarding the bicentennial
celebrations and opportunities to be involved in planning SLU’s milestone anniversary.
Bicentennial Steering Committee
- Joe Adorjan, SLU Board of Trustees (emeritus)
- Bradley Bailey, Ph.D., associate professor, Fine and Performing Arts, and Faculty
- Daniel Carter, president, Student Government Association
- Chris Collins, S.J., special assistant to the president for Mission and Identity
- Meg Connolly, executive development director
- Peter Garvin, Staff Advisory Council representative
- Laura Geiser, assistant vice president, Marketing and Creative Services
- Ellen Harshman, Ph.D., director of Bicentennial Planning
- Ann Knezetic, counselor, Office of Admission, former SGA president
- Anthony Minor, assistant vice president, Stewardship, Alumni Relations
- Teri Murray, Ph.D., dean, School of Nursing, Academic Affairs representative
- Donna Bess Myers, assistant dean of students, Student Life representative
- Robert O'Toole, S.J., Jesuit Provincial representative
- John Padberg, S.J., Jesuit historian and scholar
- Pat Sly, executive vice president, Emerson, and SLU trustee
- John Waide, archivist (emeritus), Pius XII Memorial Library
Bicentennial Advisory Council
- Kathleen Becker, president, SSM Saint Louis University Hospital
- Marie-Hélène Bernard, president and CEO, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
- William H.T. Bush, chairman, Bush O’Donnell Investment Advisors
- Archbishop Robert J. Carlson of St. Louis
- Hon. William Lacy Clay Jr., congressman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Barbara Fraser, education liaison, St. Louis County, representing County Executive
- Karin Hagaman, president and CEO, Grand Center Inc.
- Sister Sheila Hammond, RSCJ, provincial, USA and Canada Society of the Sacred Heart
- Thomas J. Irwin, executive director, Civic Progress
- Peter Wyse Jackson, president, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Lyda Krewson, mayor, City of St. Louis
- David Laughlin, president, Saint Louis University High School
- Dennis Lower, president and CEO, Cortex
- Michael P. McMillan, president and CEO, Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis Inc.
- Kathleen T. Osborn, executive director, The Regional Business Council
- Kathleen Ratcliffe, director, St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission
- Joseph F. Reagan, president and CEO, St. Louis Regional Chamber
- Ellen Sherberg, special adviser, American City Business Journals
- Pat Sly, executive vice president, Emerson
- Blanche M. Touhill, chancellor emeritus, University of Missouri St. Louis