Deposit of Funds Procedures
Prepare a Deposit of Funds form as follows:
Enter the name of the originating department and the organization number.
Enter the name and phone number of the individual preparing the deposit form. Multiple Banner Funds and accounts can be listed in the purpose section with the respective dollar amounts.
Enter the date the form was completed.
Fund Number To Credit:
Enter the Banner Fund number and account code to which the deposit is to be credited. Multiple Banner Funds and accounts can be listed in the purpose section with the respective dollar amounts.
Summary of Deposit:
Multiple checks for deposit to the same fund for the same purpose may be included on one form. Enter the number of checks, total of checks, cash, or credit card receipts and the total deposit submitted with the Deposit of Funds form. This total must agree with "Total" below. A separate Deposit of Funds form must be prepared for credit card transactions.
Enter the individual or organization from which the funds were received.
Enter an explanation of the purpose or reason the funds were received by the University.
- If more than one check is to be deposited, prepare a calculator tape that calculates the total amount of the deposit.
- Place any cash to be deposited in a secure envelope.
- Retain the pink copy of the Deposit of Funds form for verification of the transaction to the monthly fund statement or verification on Banner Self-Service Finance screens. Any discrepancies should be promptly reported to the Medical Center Finance Office or the Cashier's Office.
- Attach the envelope containing the cash, checks, and calculator tape or the audit list report of credit card transactions, if applicable, to the Deposit of Funds form and forward to the Medical Center Finance Office or the Cashier's Office.
- Upon receipt, the Cashier's Office will review and process the deposit.