- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Auxiliary Services
- Business Services
- Card Programs
- Central Processing Center
- Employee Reimbursement
- Financial Commitment
- Financial Planning & Budget
- Financial Services
- Parking and Card Services
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Responsibilities and Enforcement
- Travel Authorization
- Travel Arrangements
- Air Travel
- Car Rental
- Other Transportation
- Long-term Parking
- Meals and Entertainment
- Personal/Vacation Travel
- Other Reimbursable Expenses
- Non-Reimbursable Expenses
- Grants and Sponsored Programs
- Third Party Reimbursement
- Prepaid Expense Request
- Employee Reimbursement for Travel
- Travel FAQ's
- Rental Car, Travel and Car Insurance Contacts
- Contact TravelPlex
- Contact SLU Travel
- Treasury & Investments
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Travel and Entertainment Policy
Travelers may utilize their personal car to drive to their destination when approved by their departments.
Travelers may be reimbursed for mileage for traveling locally within the metropolitan area within a 50-mile radius. Reimbursable mileage is equal to the number of business miles in excess of the round-trip commuting miles between the employee's home and regular work place. Mileage will not be reimbursed for travel within the University campus.
The use of personal cars for business will be reimbursed at the standard rate prescribed by the IRS. This mileage allowance covers all auto costs (e.g. gasoline, oil, repairs, insurance, etc.) other than parking and tolls. Liability insurance coverage of $100,000/$300,000 is required but will not be reimbursed.
Non-Reimbursable Personal Car Expenses:
Traffic violations, parking tickets, towing, repairs, personal insurance or deductibles.
Rail reservations can be booked by contacting TravelPlex or the traveler may arrange using an outside source.
Taxi and Other Local Transportation:
The cost of taxis to and from places of business, hotels, airports or railroad stations in connection with business activities is reimbursable.