Responsibilities and Enforcement
Travel and Entertainment Policy
- The University will reimburse travelers for all reasonable, necessary, and appropriately documented expenses within the guidelines of the policy while traveling on authorized business.
- The traveler is responsible for complying with the travel policy. Travelers submitting expenses that do not comply with this policy risk delayed, partial or forfeited reimbursement.
- The approver(s) is responsible for ensuring that travelers within their division are informed of and adhere to the travel policy and for accurately reviewing expense reports for compliance.
- Only actual expenses incurred within the guidelines of the policy will be reimbursed. Travelers should neither gain nor lose personal funds as a result.
- The University assumes no obligation to reimburse faculty, staff, students, residents or guests of the University for expenses that do not comply with this policy.
- Employees should not pay for another employees' expenses. When sharing a hotel room or meal, please obtain separate bills from the vendor.