Opening Bank Accounts

Opening bank accounts using the University's tax exemption and/or the use of its Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is restricted to those individuals expressly authorized by the University's Board of Trustees.  No other individual, associated or affiliated organization is permitted to use the University's tax exempt status or TIN for any banking purpose.

Unauthorized use of the University's tax exempt status in connection with bank accounts, brokerage accounts, etc. will result in the Treasurer's Office taking the appropriate steps to close such accounts.